Monday, April 25, 2011

Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals B.B Cream - My favourite BB Cream




Name of Product: Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals B.B Cream


The Product Claims:

"Our Instant Skin Perfecting Cream is a perfect blend of 8 mineral ingredients. The unique earth colour shade instantly improves and perfects your skin:

1) Brighten skin: visible whitening effect

2) Covers imperefections: reduce the appearance of pores, skin redness disappears

3) Moisturisers + Protects: all day hydration + helps to protect skin from UV rays and free radicals"

My Review:

1st Part

Basically, this B.B Cream promised to help achieve 3 effects (as above): brighten, covers and moisturises+protects. And, in my opinion, this tiny tube of product actually delivers what it promised!

1) Brightening Effect: This B.B cream does a really good job of brightening my skin tone. It really add radience to my skin w/o making it look frosty. However, the downside is that the effect is not long lasting. The brightening effect will actually wear off after a couple of hours. I did a mini experiment and found out that the brightening effect can be prolonged by setting the B.B cream with some loose powder/ pressed powder.

2) Coverage: This skin perfector has fairly decent coverage for a B.B cream. It definitely helps to reduce the appearance of redness but it's not so helpful when it comes to covering up pores. If I have to rate its coverage upon 10, I would give it a 7.

3) Moisturising Effect: Definitely not a very moisturising product in my opinion. If you are looking for a B.B cream for a dewy look, then this Maybelline B.B cream is definitely not for you. This product will give you a "matte" glow instead of a dewy shine. I'll definitely advise people with dry skin to apply moisturiser prior ro the B.B Cream.

2nd Part

This B.B Cream is great for people with normal and oily/combination skin in my opinion. It actually enables my complexion to stay matte for a long period of time. Even my T zone area remained oil free after several hours of wear. I really like the formulation of this B.B Cream because it's not oily at all and the cream feels very light on my skin. The product has a watery and non-sticky texture and so it spreads VERY easily making application a very easy task. Plus, it's absorbed into my skin very quickly and I have yet to observe any sliding effects whatsoever.


Would I buy it again: Yes, I would!

No comments:

Post a Comment